- Is ExtracText Online a free service?
Yes, ExtracText Online is a free service.
- Is there a limit on how many images can be converted using this service?
There are no limits enforced per user or per computer. But we only have a limited number of servers in the backend due to which if the server gets busy you may not be able to use the service.
- Is there a paid version to get a reliable dedicated server for ourselves?
Yes! contact us and we will setup your own dedicated environment
- How can I get better results from this service?
Here are some general tips to get better results from your images:
- Image does not contain noise
- Text is found on a consistent background color
- There is good contrast between text and background
- What are the output formats?
Output is displayed as text that can be copied over anywhere
- How long will it take for processing one image?
Most images are processed under 5 seconds if the server is not busy
What are the languages supported for text extraction?
The free service only offers English. Contact us for other languages support
How does the technology work?
A lot of machine learning techniques and algorithms are used to identify text within images and the processed image is passed on to a leading OCR engine to get the text
- Are there rest APIs for using this service?
Not in the free service. But we can set it up on your own environment
- How do I submit feedback/get support?
Using the Contact Us form
- Are the image files stored on our servers?
The images are stored for a short period of time (less than a day) for processing and support if needed